Accessibility statement for the consumer protection assistant
The Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority strives to ensure the accessibility of its online services in accordance with the act on the provision of digital services (laki digitaalisten palvelujen tarjoamisesta 306/2019).
This accessibility statement concerns the consumer protection assistant form (kuluttajansuoja-apuri.fi)
State of the accessibility of online services
The online services meet in part the requirements set out in the act on the provision the provision of digital services (306/2019). Non-compliance and exemptions to the requirements are listed below.
The content listed below cannot be accessed for the following reasons: Non-compliance with the act on the provision of digital services (306/2019).
The following content and/or features are not yet compliant:
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Deficiencies in the use of header levels. Some heading levels have been skipped and not all headings have been programmatically marked as headings.
- (WCAG 1.4.3) There are contrast deficiencies between the background and the text on the page.
- (WCAG 1.4.8) The user cannot choose the foreground or background colours of the blocks of text. Additionally, some of the lines of text are over 80 characters wide.
- (WCAG 2.1) The functionality of the page is not keyboard accessible.
- (WCAG 2.4.9) Some of the links directing to the same destinations are named differently. There are duplicate links in keyboard use.
- (WCAG 2.4.10) All the headings have not been programmatically marked as headings. Some of the heading fields are empty.
- (WCAG 4.1.2) Some of the ARIA attributes cannot be used with screen readers.
FCCA aims to correct all observed shortcomings during 2022.
About the preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16 September 2020.
The statement is based on the FCCA’s own assessment of whether its website meets the requirements laid down in the Directive (EU) 2016 / 2102. The self-assessment process has made use of validation tools and a screen reader.
The statement was last revised on 14 December 2021.
Feedback and contact information
Have you noticed any shortcoming regarding accessibility? You can contact us by e-mail: viestinta(at)kkv.fi.
The FCCA Communications Department is responsible for the accessibility of FCCA’s online services, as well as for the processing of feedback.
If you notice problems with accessibility on the website, first give feedback to the FCCA. Receiving an answer may take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or if you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southwest Finland. The “saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi” (“accessibility requirements”) website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southwest Finland provides information on how to file a complaint and on how the matter will be handled.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southwest Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
tel. +358 295 016 000 (switchboard)