NB: Consumer authorities do not resolve disputes between companies. Advice on such cases can be had from industry associations.
To resolve your issue as quickly and effortlessly as possible, please proceed as follows:
1. First, look for the answer on the website of the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority.
Instructions on the practical application of legal provisions to specific industries and issues:
Concise info packages on consumer legislation:
2. If the matter was not resolved, please contact our advisory service.
Consumer rights advisors can assist businesses
- in disputes between the business and a consumer. Our advisors can provide assistance on matters such as compensation for defects, contracts and payment rules.
- on consumer legislation enquiries involving the application of marketing or contract legislation.
The Consumer Advisory Service will only settle and mediate disputes at the request of consumers, provided that the preconditions for mediation are met.
The Consumer Advisory Service does not handle
- disputes between businesses. Advice on such cases can be had from industry associations;
- disputes concerning transactions between private persons. The exceptions to this rule are disputes related to property and real estate sales and rentals;
- disputes between housing companies and residents;
- transactions concerning financial instruments and shares; or
- matters related to state or municipal services.
Contact the consumer advisors
The quickest way to contact an advisor is by telephone: +358 29 505 3050 (weekdays 9am–3pm). Please have the documents related to the matter at hand when you call the Consumer Advisory Service.
The consumer advisors may also be contacted electronically with the online contact form. They will respond by telephone within about five working days. You will most likely receive a reply by a phone call. The caller ID starts usually with +358 29 or might show as an "Unknown Number".
If the matter involves the registration, reporting or guarantees of travel agencies, information on the responsibilities of travel agencies is available from the FCCA’s Travel package guarantees monitoring unit.
📱 Call charges
Calls (including waiting time) to telephone numbers beginning 0295 at the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority are charged at the local network rate (lnr) if they are made from landlines, and at the mobile network rate (mnr) if made from mobile telephones.
The rate depends on the caller’s agreement with the telephone operator. In addition to a time-based charge, the operator may charge a starting fee per phone call. Calls to these numbers are not included in most free call packages.