30 August 2017
Travel agency Tampereen Sukelluskeskus Oy was declared insolvent on 14 June 2017. The company has lodged a security with the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority (FCCA) in case of bankruptcy, from which compensation for package holidays will be paid. Customers of the travel agency may claim compensation for cancelled trips from the security held by FCCA.
Consumers may order claim forms from the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority (tel. 029 505 3193 / email@example.com). Submit your application to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority by 4.15 p.m. on 31 October 2017. The decision-making process on paying compensation will begin after the application period closes.
Which costs are eligible for compensation?
The following costs can be compensated for from the security held by the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority.
- Deposits paid by consumers and the unused portion of a trip in case of disrupted travel.
- Gift vouchers entitling for purchasing a package holiday.
- Return transport and accommodation of passengers at the destination until the return journey begins, if the travel package included accommodation.
Which costs are not eligible for compensation?
The security may not be used for compensating for
- loss of earnings
- travel insurance
- inconvenience caused by a cancelled holiday
- trip packages purchased at the destination.
The security can also not be used for compensating for trips paid for by a company for free gift vouchers, i.e. vouchers issued for marketing purposes.