First see the Package Travel Act and
the Travel packages and consumer protection section.
The obligation to lodge a security applies if
- you collect a booking fee and/or final payment in advance
- the journey takes more than 24 hours or includes overnight accommodation
- the travel service combination includes transport
- you offer gift vouchers entitling to purchase travel service combinations
- you operate as the agent of an organiser outside the EU or EEA
Also try our Travel Package Assistant.
1. Fill in the forms
Organiser and/or Retailer of a foreign travel organiser
Instructions on how to fill out form A
Examples of one-way air miles (form D)
2. Pay €150 registration fee
Note! New accounts beginning from 1.12.2020 onwards.
3. Make sure that the following appendices are included in the notification
Companies (Oy, Ky, Ay, Ry) and cooperatives submit the following appendices:
- A receipt of payment of registration
- Extract from the Trade Register (not older than one month)
- Articles of Association
Private traders (Tmi) submit the following appendices:
4. Send the signed notification to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority
The notification will be sent by either post or email.
Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority
PO Box 5
E-mail: https://turvaviesti.kkv.fi/index.cgi and recipient firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered traders are charged an annual supervision fee starting from the year they registered.
5. Lodging a security and further actions
The application processing time is between two and six weeks*. You can expedite the processing by ensuring that the necessary information and appendices are included with the application. When the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority has received the registration notification, you will be contacted about the amount of the security.
After receipt of the security deposit decision, the trader agrees on the security with the financial institution of its choice; the security templates approved by the FCCA and required for the lodging of the security can be found via the link below.
A supervision fee is also charged from the year of registration on the basis of the amount of the security estimated in the registration decision.
Registered traders report on their activities to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority once or twice a year, or when requested.
Reporting instructions for registered providers of travel service combinations
*An entry certificate pursuant to the Provision of Services Act (1166/2009) is not submitted with respect to the registration application, as the registration decision is made within approximately two weeks of receiving the security that is a condition for registration.
6. The organiser’s obligation and liability for the performance of the travel package
The organiser is responsible for the entire travel package, for example the services included in the trip, such as transport and accommodation. Liability cannot be transferred to subcontractors, such as transport providers, hotels or other travel agencies involved in putting the travel package together.
Prior to concluding a travel package contract the organiser must provide the information required by the Ministry of Justice Decree (in Finnish) on traveller’s rights and the standard data form (In Finnnish), alongside information on the following details:
- the responsible organiser
- the retailer
- the main characteristics of the travel services provided
- the total price of the travel package and any additional costs and terms of payment
- the required minimum number of travellers and the consequences if the minimum number of travellers is not met by the deadline
- travel documents
- the traveller's right to cancel the contract before the start of the trip
- compulsory or voluntary travel insurance
The organiser shall, upon the conclusion of a travel package contract, or without undue delay after the conclusion of the contract, give the traveller a copy of the contract or a contract confirmation in a permanent format. The travel package contract or agreement confirmation must include the information required in the Ministry of Justice Decree (in Finnish).